Bubblegum Requiem


I am a man whom nobody loves
Because for a living I sell balloons
And make condoms out of surgical gloves
For her majesty’s urging platoons

Into me they push their pins
And I tie my mind in rubber bands
Am I not proud of these sins?
Must she grant all their demands?

They chew me and they spit me out
They’ll never write me a requiem
And I don’t have a fucking doubt
For I’m not a fucking bubblegum

I’m fed drips of melting plastic
I’m made to lick burning tires
And kismet’s motives are rarely scholastic
But I’ll live and learn till will expires


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting at first glance.. will re-read it later

Anonymous said...

Haha.. Hey Blinky..

Wat an tasteful poem on something as mundane as a bubblegum..

"I am a forced accomplice in puerile pranks,
Stuck to a frizzy hair or an unassuming bottom,
Fragrance and Flavour lost to smelly gobs,
Damn! I am just a sticky god-froesaken gum"

LOL... I know .. Bad try.. ;))


Pssst.. Didnt like the template at all.. Too orangy and too bright..

Anonymous said...

@rose:
Thanks, but the poem ain't about a bubblegum :(
anyways i really liked your take on the whole thing, and the poem was really good, not a bad try at all :)

oh and i just migrated to blogger 2.0 and it's in beta right now so i can't make a new template, sorry you had to stare at this stupid template.

Post a Comment

 

This content comes from a hidden element on this page.

The inline option preserves bound JavaScript events and changes, and it puts the content back where it came from when it is closed.

Click me, it will be preserved!