Lighthouse Blues


There once was a lighthouse,
On the cold shores of the baltic,
It was purposeless and desolate,
Like the man who lived in it.

He was a loner, just like me,
But a less fortunate one
For he once fell in love, unlike me
On a cold land under the sun

I don't know what became of her,
or him, but he never fell in love again
I sense a constant void in him,
It screams her name in his soul

And, it's so loud even I can hear, but,
Pity he deserves not, self resepct intact,
He's still in love with her, i think,
As a matter of fact.

Regrets and guilt keep us company,
As we fish for lost days,
Silence makes it's absence felt by it's presence,
And the sun fades with a purple haze.

At dinner we sip some red-red wine,
And loose every sense of time,
He's lost in thoughts of his lost love,
I'd like to be lost in mine.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under
a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

This content comes from a hidden element on this page.

The inline option preserves bound JavaScript events and changes, and it puts the content back where it came from when it is closed.

Click me, it will be preserved!