Frostbite


I can feel you snowy fangs,
Burying themselves in my warm heart
Can you feel my swift pangs?
Aching reminders of a fatal start

These walls of snow that you build around
Your impregnable fortress of ice
To keep you safe from love's hound
Have frozen all my courage more than twice

But the stories that I hear
In the silence that you keep
Are dismal whispers to my fear
As up these walls again I creep

Somewhere I know I'm destined to fall
But my heart refutes the fact
That none can survive beneath this pall
That covers yourself with so much tact

So I will try, till I can try no more
To breach this fortification of lies
Until my balmy brown skin is sore
Until my frostbitten heart dies.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

This content comes from a hidden element on this page.

The inline option preserves bound JavaScript events and changes, and it puts the content back where it came from when it is closed.

Click me, it will be preserved!